Saturday, June 25, 2011

Mille Fleur Cochin Bantam

These chicks just hatched from eggs I bought from a BYC member.  She is working on the Mille Fleur Cochin Bantams.  It is still in the project phase, so I am excited to see how the chicks look as they grow up.  That's one reason I like seramas too, because they change colors as they grow up and it's really fun to see how they'll turn out!
I use the Brinsea Eco20 incubator and it works great!  I put water in 1 tray, and leave the air-vent open for the first 18 days.  More water has to be added every few days to the 1 tray.  Then after filling both trays on day 18, I close the vent so that it's only 1/3 to 1/2 open.  They usually hatch on day 21.  I have had lots of shipped eggs that the post office destroyed though too.  Usually if the air-cell is swirling with bubbles inside, it's not a good sign.  With these cochin eggs, I got lucky and all the air cells were still intact at the top of the egg when they arrived, as they should be! 

No comments:

Post a Comment